Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
KABC-TV Community Engagement Internship, Glendale, Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 873718BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Oct. 19, 2021
The internship program is designed to provide students with an on-site educational experience that complements their academic studies. Interns will have an opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
A day in the life…
As the intern for Community Engagement at ABC7, you will be provided a view of all aspects of production and operations of the Diversity & Community Engagement department. This includes exposure to station-corporate initiatives and events originated by ABC7 (such as Spark of Love and Feed SoCal).
You will have opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
You may be part of:
- The production of the station’s initiatives such as Feed SoCal Food Drive, the community engagement calendar, community engagement virtual events and assist with the Belong team as needed.
- Social media engagement.
- Interaction via Zoom calls, email and phone with the ABC7 community and corporate partners.
- Connecting with community-based non-profit organizations, and the communities that interact with and are supported by ABC7.
What you bring to the role…
- Experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Prior experience working in an office setting, including answering emails in a professional matter.
- Social media proficiency.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- This internship is both a remote and in-person internship.
- All candidates must be available from January 2022 through May/June 2022
- All candidates must be available to work 40 hours per week during a Monday through Sunday schedule (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor, and could include nights, weekends and holidays)
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection, as well as a quiet and dedicated work space, but must be willing to commute to the television studio building (as necessary)
- All candidates must be able to work in the Glendale office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KABC Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
KABC Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.