Already applied?View Dashboard
Lead AnimatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 514052BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 12/20/2017
Join the incredibly talented Disney Games and Interactive Experiences Team for this new and exciting opportunity that requires an experienced, talented, and highly motivated individual to animate the next great set of Star Wars, Marvel and Disney gaming experiences. The Lead Animator will create high-quality 3D animation performances that will bring our amazing characters and creatures to life on this new and exciting gaming platform.Apply Now Apply Later
- Set a high-bar for all our character and creature animations that capture their distinct personalities and traits but also work with our game’s core mechanics.
- Create key-frame animations for bi-pedal and quadrupeds, along with other types of unique characters and creatures.
- Partner with the Art Director and Game Design Team to define the most appropriate animation direction, methods and approaches for the project.
- Partner with Technical Artists and Engineers to define and improve our animation pipelines.
- Troubleshoot animation, exporting and rigging issues that might arise during development.
- Provide animation direction, feedback and guidance to our domestic and/or international vendors.
- Research and develop new animation techniques and methods.
- Create animations that are optimal and performant on the target platform.
- Minimum 5 years game development experience.
- Ability to create compelling and beautiful animations despite artistic, technical and gameplay limitations.
- Excellent 3D animation skills with a solid understanding of timing, momentum, weight, and anticipation.
- Technical understanding of rigging, weighting, and exporting.
- Broad animation skills with the ability to execute various performance styles from photo-real to highly-stylized.
- Experience working with motion capture data with the ability process and export into useable files.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present feedback and ideas in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Experience working with both FK and IK animations.
- Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work and committed to their discipline and its challenges.
- Expert in Maya with a working knowledge of 3DS Max.
- Extensive experience with Unity is a must.
- Experience working with external vendors is highly desired.
- Disney, Marvel and Star Wars fan is a plus.