Lead Artist (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 553501BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted May. 07, 2018
Job Summary:The Lead Artist will be responsible for creating and managing high-quality visuals and concepts that will bring our amazing characters and Franchises to life in our mobile, casual games. This unique position requires a creative, talented and motivated individual to collaborate with multiple disciplines to create the next set of great Disney and Pixar games.
The candidate will primarily work with 3rd party development teams. To successfully execute the role, this person will create visuals for characters and environments, communicate established visual esthetics, review art assets and animation, and regularly play builds. The candidate must be able to provide clear and concise visual direction, feedback and guidance to domestic and/or international vendors to continually raise the quality of the product.
As a Lead Artist, the candidate will be involved in all aspects of 3rd party game development, from brainstorms and pre-production to content releases for live operations. The candidate will partner with the Art Director and the external team to define the most appropriate visual direction, techniques and approaches for the project. The candidate must be open to travel if necessary to work directly with the development team
- Manage outsource resources by providing clear visual feedback and corrections to be implemented
- Support internal products with supplemental visuals and concepts
- Participate in studio visual critiques and brainstorms
- Minimum 5-8 years of gaming development experience
- 2 years of experience creating visuals and concepts as a Lead Artist
- 1 year of experience working with 3rd party development teams
- A strong portfolio showcasing a wide range of characters, environments, and visual storytelling in a variety of styles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present feedback and ideas in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Solid understanding of art and visual design principles and techniques regarding 2D, 3D, layout, color theory, and lighting
- Exceptional artistic and creative problem-solving skills
- Expert in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Passion for video games
- Able to multi-task like a pro
- Sense of humor and a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to take direction
- Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work
- Eye for detail with a clear understanding of the big picture
- Team player who understands the value of regular and effective communicationExperience in FX and particle animation
- Experience with Maya or other 3D programs
- Experience with Unity
- Affinity for Disney/Pixar
Required EducationArt degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.