Lead ArtistApply NowApply Later Job ID 770450BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 22, 2020
- Create authentic, compelling and realistic looking characters, creatures and environments based on the target IP.
- Explore conceptual designs that expand the existing IP universe.
- Provide visual feedback, guidance and direction to our game developers in the form of draw-overs and painter-overs.
- Act as a creative conduit and reconcile brand and design challenges between the needs of our Game Developers and our Film makers through thoughtful recommendations.
- Work closely with our Franchise and Studio Teams to understand the methodology, intricacies and design language of our IP.
- Minimum 7 years experience in film, television or gaming industry.
- Extensive understanding of anatomy both for humans and creatures.
- Exceptional art and design skills with a particular focus on realism – lighting, materials, shapes and forms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present feedback and ideas in a compelling, clear and concise manner.
- Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work; committed to their discipline and its challenges.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop.
- Broad understanding of game development.
- Casual console, pc or mobile gamer with a general understanding of the market and platform.
- Avatar and Star Wars fan a must.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experiences
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.