Lead Graphic DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 957481BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 09, 2022
Disney Streaming encompasses the team’s leading the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Star+ streaming services within Disney’s Media & Entertainment Distribution group. We sit at the intersection between entertainment, sports, and technology and seek to connect viewers with the stories they love, while driving the streaming industry forward with consumer-first innovation.
The Lead Graphic Designer will be responsible for developing marketing and social platform creative, branding/identity projects, and potentially motion graphic assets. Besides being a hands-on role, the Lead Graphic Designer will also be sharing responsibility of day-to-day operation with the manager of the Design team to mentor and guide designers when needed. We're looking for a designer who has an in-depth knowledge and impeccable skills of typography, a good sense of balance and intuition when it comes to layout, as well as a desire to try new things in response to design briefs. You should be a self-starter, be aware of past and current design trends, and bring a fresh perspective to the worlds and characters of the Disney brands.
This role would work in a fast-paced environment alongside other designers, artists, other marketing team members and vendors, so having excellent time management and communication skills is critical. We are looking for someone who has a highly collaborative spirit and would never let their ego get the best of them. They should also understand how to work smarter, not harder, and have a positive outlook when facing challenges and changes.
Above all, we want someone who can develop solutions that are visually true to our brands (Disney, Disney+, Pixar, Star Wars) ensuring these creatives are of the highest quality that adhere to marketing strategies and our ever-evolving business goals.
Responsibilities:Design Marketing Assets
- Develop and execute creative content for social media platforms
- Provide graphic design solutions to support various marketing campaigns
- ideate and initiate new formats of content in response to performance reports and social media trends
- Collaborate with video production team to complete graphics packages
- work on event and premieres content creation with other team members from the larger Digital Marketing team
- Work with vendors to complete design projects
- Work with leadership for internal presentations
- Share responsibility with Design Manager on daily operation tasks
- Provide creative review, mentor and guidance to other designers on the team
- Explore and develop logos, brand identity, and style guides for existing and upcoming initiatives
- Maintain and update brand style guides and ensure brand consistency across team output
- Develop new templates and styles to create rich libraries that are consistent to each brand
- Add light animation to static illustrations
- Create motion or video based social media content
- The role requires someone who can think quickly and can adapt to change thoughtfully
- A person with no ego who is always looking for the best answers
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (AI, PS, ID, AE, etc.)
- Proficient in Keynote and PowerPoint
Required EducationNo specific education experience is necessary but having 7+ years on the job experience is required
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.