Lead Platform Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 700040BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Vacation Club Date posted 30/08/2019
- Architects best practices used in the maintenance and administration of systems, including software platform, and configuration updates across multiple business units.
- Defines the processes used in identification of the root causes of operational issues and leads to a root cause analysis as well as a permanent fix
- Identifies and resolves problems and/or recommends solutions for implementation by others.
- Oversees the development and implementation of tools, automation, and scripts to facilitate multiple platform maintenance, operational efficiency, reliability, and administration.
- Architects development work to create tools that span multiple business units.
- Leads, Plans and executes large-scale complex platform-oriented projects across Platform Engineering team that includes segment initiatives and updates to platform and infrastructure, products, and services.
- Leads multiple levels of testing prior to release of new and upgraded platform and infrastructure, products, and/or services.
- Uses data and metrics to plan for growth needs, plan upgrades, migration, and functionality.
- Develops and reviews architecture, platform and infrastructure plans, develops and guides staff
- Recognizes the need and takes action to mentor and train others as necessary
- Designs, develops, test, deploys, maintain, and improves high-volume transactional software platform(s) and infrastructure
- Leads the development and refinement of standards and best practices for the production environment based upon the needs of the supported business units.
- Develops broad technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future development and operations.
- Writes solutions using advanced programming constructs and tools such as Ruby, Perl, Java, etc.
- Present complex information, in communicable verbal or written format, to technical and/or business audience.
- Act as a consensus builder and leader for change.
- Operates with significant autonomy and discretion
- 8 to 12 years of progressively related experience in Systems Engineering and/or software development.
- 1 to 3 years of project or team lead experience
- Advanced knowledge of systems applications and hardware, server architecture, operating platforms, NAS/SAN technologies, and internet and web applications
- Systems support
- Azure & Azure DevOps
- Tools and middleware including Chef, Ansible, Terraform, MQ, TC Server, WebSphere
- Open Source
- Enterprise operating systems (Linux, AIX, Unix, Windows)
- Database software (Microsoft SQL, Oracle)
- Apache Tomcat, IIS
- Project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field or related work experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
About Disney Vacation Club:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Vacation Club.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.