Already applied?View Dashboard
Lead Product ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 553500BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted May. 07, 2018
Job Summary:Disney’s Games and Interactive Experiences Team is looking to fill the position of Lead Product Manager with a passionate, energetic, and talented product visionary. If you love mobile games and want to be a part of the team creating the world’s most fun, innovative, Disney-caliber digital experiences, this is the role for you.
The Product Management team is responsible for monitoring and reporting on market trends, defining the product roadmap, forecasting and reporting on financial performance, analyzing new features, presenting insights to everyone from artists to executives, and much, much more.
- Manage the full lifecycle of complex products, from concept through live operations, across multiple years
- Forecast revenue and own responsibility for delivering against targets
- Develop long-term product strategy, including new features, events, merchandising tactics, A/B tests, economy optimization, and tuning goals
- Think like a creator – work with designers and artists to build unique mobile games that delight players, and encourage visionary thinking from other members of the team
- Analyze and report on overall performance, including high-level KPI’s and deep dives into specific game systems or new feature releases
- Use data to identify opportunities to improve stickiness and grow revenue
- Deliver regular product updates to game team and executives
- Collaborate with performance marketing and production teams to align key product beats with player base expansion initiatives
- Weighs community feedback against other existing factors, such as corporate strategy, cost, etc
- Be adaptable, and ready to assume multiple and varied roles in the organization
- 5+ years product experience in free-to-play mobile games, and/or background in investment banking or management consulting
- Strong track record of shipping successful games, growing live titles, and delivering against aggressive revenue targets
- Passion for games and building products with a team of other experts
- Ability to think strategically, conduct market research, and apply sophisticated frameworks to decision-making
- Exceptional analysis skills, with the ability to derive and present insights from complex data
- Experience managing and mentoring teams (both direct reports and cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, artists, and others)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail
- Outstanding creativity and drive; excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Qualifications:Strong knowledge of Disney or related brands, experience with AAA IP
Required EducationBachelor’s degree
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.