Lead Scheduler (Disney+)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 784312BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 22, 2021
Part of the Disney+ Programming team, the Lead Scheduler will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of the Disney+ global scheduling strategy and is expected to become an expert and super-user in the Disney+ scheduling tool. This position will report to the Manager, Scheduling.
- Act as the primary scheduler on Disney+ Programming using the Disney+ Scheduling tool
- Support Sr. Manager and Manager, Scheduling with scheduling strategy and execution for Disney+ Originals
- Ensure the scheduling strategy is executed with accuracy and aligns with business rules. Under direction of Manager, Scheduling, provide critical spot-checks for other schedulers as often as needed
- Pulls and audits scheduling reports on a regular basis
- Extensive experience in content scheduling, ideally in digital media and entertainment, with SVOD experience preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Diplomatic mindset and proven ability to work well in a team environment and across a matrixed organization
- Proficiency and relevant experience with scheduling tools and software and Excel
- Skilled with PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Docs, and other software tools; ability to quickly and proactively learn or adapt to new tools as needed
- Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit
- Proactive mindset that allows for self-sufficiency when it comes to finding solutions or learning new skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and high-pressure working environment
- 3+ years minimum experience in a related field - ideally in digital media and entertainment
- SVOD experience
- Relevant experience with International territories
- Bachelor’s degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.