Already applied?View Dashboard
Lead SchedulerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 687108BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 07, 2019
The Lead Scheduler will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of the Disney+ global scheduling strategy and is expected to be an expert/super-user in the Disney+ scheduling tool. This position will report to the Sr. Manager, Scheduling.
- Act as the primary scheduler on Disney+ Programming using the Disney+ Scheduling tool
- Support Sr. Manager and Manager, Scheduling with scheduling strategy and execution for Disney+ Originals
- Become an expert/super-user in the Disney+ Scheduling tool; train and onboard schedulers and other team members as needed
- Ensure the scheduling strategy is executed with accuracy and aligns with business rules; under direction of Manager, Scheduling, provide critical spot-checks for other schedulers as often as needed
- Pull scheduling reports on a regular basis
- Extensive experience in content scheduling, ideally in digital media and entertainment, with SVOD experience preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Diplomatic mindset and proven ability to work well in a team environment and across a matrixed organization
- Proficiency and relevant experience with scheduling tools and software and Excel
- Skilled with PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Docs, and other software tools; ability to quickly and proactively learn or adapt to new tools as needed
- Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit
- Proactive mindset that allows for self-sufficiency when it comes to finding solutions or learning new skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and high-pressure working environment
- SVOD experience
- Relevant experience in international territories
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related field
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.