Lead Software Engineer - ESPN FantasyApply NowApply Later Job ID 931403BR Location Burbank, California, United States / Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
As a member of Interactive Platform Engineering team within the Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) organization of Disney you will be part of a fast paced, passionate team that builds and maintains complex, high throughput systems for managing user generated content. These systems support flagship Disney products including ESPN Fantasy Football, Marvel, ABC News and National Geographic. You will assist in the design, development, testing and deployment of high-quality software solutions. You will be challenged to help the team efficiently maintain, enhance and scale platforms that serve millions of Disney users every day. You will apply excellent communication skills while interfacing with both technical and product teams to capture new system requirements and then apply your proven development chops in the delivery of innovative solutions for those requirements. You will be challenged to work at traffic volumes very few engineers ever approach… and you will be rewarded with a job you love!
As a lead software engineer on the Fantasy Platform Engineering team you will participate in the design, development and testing of extremely high throughput, low latency user generated content systems. These systems are used to drive highly personalized and rewarding user experiences across a broad spectrum of Disney products including ESPN Fantasy Football, Tournament Challenge, and ESPN Pick ‘Em Games.
- Java development / automated testing
- maintenance and support
- Minimum 5 year of professional experience
- Deep understanding of the Java programming language and object-oriented programming
- Self-starter with proven ability to deliver high quality software in a pragmatic fashion
- Hands on experience with Cassandra or other NoSQL DBs
- Proven ability to solve challenging technical problems
- Proven ability to learn new technology and/or complex systems
- Proven ability and highly motivated to mentor and help grow other engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Interest and/or experience in fantasy games
- Full stack / front end engineering experience
- Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working on highly scalable real time software platforms
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.