Lead Software Engineer tvOSApply NowApply Later Job ID 931400BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 24, 2022
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across the ESPN tvOS application
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency, reliability, and performance
- Design, develop, test, and release new application features
- Understand application architecture, assisting other Software Developers and Architects as necessary
- Manage multiple, concurrent priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Embrace a highly collaborative team that rewards quality code and effective communication
- Operate as a resource to other Software Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing
- Up to 7+ years hands-on professional experience with iOS/tvOS development
- Experience working on a significant consumer app that is currently available in the marketplace
- Strong understanding of OO and Swift design patterns and concepts
- A sound understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services
- Demonstrated ability to design and build dynamic multi-threaded iOS/tvOS apps
- Solid understanding of iOS app development life cycle including Apple App Store compliance policies and submissions requirements
- Experience with Apple frameworks such as UIKit, AVFoundation, Security, and StoreKit
- Ability to collaborate in a small, productive development team as well as the larger engineering organization
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations
- Write efficient, reliable, and maintainable code whether implementing architectural improvements, user-facing features, and/or fixing defects
- Work with minimal technical supervision and supplemental engineering support
- Experience with tvOS-specific functionality including the Focus Engine, SIRI Remote, and the Top Shelf
- Experience building video-based applications with knowledge of the HLS protocol and Fairplay DRM
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.