Lead Solution Architect
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 758301BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 19, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
As a Lead Solution Architect, you will identify, evaluate and implement solutions on a variety of data platforms, native frameworks and technologies. You will help ensure that the ecosystem in which the solution is implemented is right-sized, taking into account capacity and throughput of each component of the underlying stack. Your end goal is that each developed solution is right-sized, with emphasis on data integrity, security, throughput, availability, effectiveness, and efficiency of technology infrastructure, including middleware, networks and communications. You will understand the business, customer & market requirements and apply technical and functional knowledge to solve data analytics and machine learning problems for both on premise and cloud.
- Shape, implement, code and evangelize solutions and their capacity requirements recalibrating for each change made to the solution.
- Evaluate business requirements to determine future platform requirements.
- Architect around cloud provider limitations to implement highly available data solutions.
- Ensure data solutions support all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Assist studios with performance enhancements for existing code evangelizing performance best practices
- Responsible for capacity management of the entire stack including all aspects that affect availability.
- Establish, implement and carry out capacity and load testing automation for the solutions designed.
- Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our organization to assist in capacity planning and deploying cloud-based data solutions
- 8+ years of relevant IT work experience.
- Passionate about delivering platform technologies and features in a team environment even if the team size is 1.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly ramp on new technologies.
- Strong ability to convert conceptual architecture into realistic capacity plans.
- Understanding of performance constraints imposed by security at rest and in transit. Familiar with the mechanics of AWS limits and how to architect around them.
- Ability to recalibrate entire infrastructure designs based on changing requirements and how that would affect ecosystem member capacity.
- Troubleshooting skills, ability to determine impacts, ability to resolve complex issues, and ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative in stressful situations.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Docker, Hashicorp Vault desired
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Python, Java desired
- Experience working in a Linux environment such as Red Hat, CentOS or Ubuntu
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Approaches
- Familiarity with Data Analysis or Statistics, and some data wrangling (programmatically extracting databases, transforming data, modeling it in readable form, etc) with respect to understanding capacity forecasts
- AWS/Cloud Provider Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.