Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Licensing Finance Intern - Summer/Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738825BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 10, 2020
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Inspire memories that last a lifetime. That’s what we do at Disney Consumer Products. Join us and be a part of the award-winning team that brings Disney characters and their stories to life in the homes of consumers of all ages.
Who we are…
The Disney Professional Internships program offers a unique opportunity to explore the world of Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) in a seasonal, paid assignment with meaningful and productive projects that allow you to build your resume. You will be provided with challenging projects, performance feedback, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities.
Make an impact by…
The Licensing Finance Intern assists the team in forecasting, planning, and various financial analyses in support of the licensing business across multiple Disney brands and categories. The individual will also have the opportunity to assist on business development projects, and occasionally partner with licensing business teams.
A Day in the Life…
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Support the financial planning process of licensing, including annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Utilize system tools (InVision, COGNOS, LRS) to consolidate reports, identify variances and provide supporting analyses
- Assist in the consolidation and preparation of summaries and presentation decks for executive review
- Utilize system databases to customize reports, retrieve financial data, and perform analyses on historical data and trends
- Support the continuous improvement of operational efficiencies by streamlining processes and enhancing reporting automation
- Assist in various business development projects – such as general industry research, benchmarking, business valuation, ROI analyses, and business modeling
- Utilize business intelligence tools and databases to perform statistical and financial analyses
- Develop ad hoc analyses to support licensing business as needed
What we’re looking for…
- Previous professional internship/work experience
- Working knowledge of Excel, including formulas and pivot tables
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Quick and eager learner with “can-do” attitude
- Hardworking, proactive and passionate individual
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Keen interest in Consumer Products industry
Also a plus…
- Advanced skills with Excel (Pivot, Functions, Charts, Macro) and PowerPoint
- Experience in financial modeling
- Experience with financial systems
- Junior or Senior currently pursuing (or recently graduated within 6 months with) an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other analytical related major
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2020 to January 2021.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program in California.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.