Localization Manager, Content OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762556BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 19, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
In 2019, the Walt Disney Company launched Disney+, a Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalog that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
We’re looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
This position will be part of the Disney+ Global Content Operations team and will lead our localization vertical that supports all Disney+ Originals launches, Marketing campaigns, and linear releases. You will be responsible for managing the Originals Localization team, the cross-functional, end-to-end localization process for short and long-form content as well as on-service and off-service trailers/promos for Disney+ Original titles.
Through excellent communication, organization, and knowledge of content localization and its associated workflows, this individual will ensure that both systems and localization are optimized, documented, cataloged, and maintained. You will be highly collaborative, have a keen eye for innovation, and be consistently motivated to solve the challenges that come with launching content on a global platform.
- Manage the Localization team for Disney+ that supports localization for our Original content, current linear releases, and off-service Marketing campaigns that support our Disney+ Originals
- Oversee large-scale and title level localization projects across a wide range of asset types and languages
- Build strong relationships with our Marketing and broader operations teams inside Disney by serving as the day-to-day point of contact for Disney+ content localization
- Track and report the localization delivery status, development, and completion of Disney+ Originals, linear TV, and off-service Marketing
- Effectively communicate project and title level updates cross-functionally and with our external partners
- Effectively articulate the value of content localization requirements and regional preferences to cross-functional teams.
- Identify and manage risks through prioritization and troubleshooting
- Lead and develop innovative initiatives that that help scale our operational workflows and bring cost efficiencies to the localization process
- Deliver performance insights that lead to actionable opportunities
- Perform gap and root cause analysis of existing workflows, recommend, and lead action plans that will improve our video publishing processes, asset requests, and delivery workflows
- Create best practices documentation to educate internal and external teams on how to best deliver localization materials to Disney+
- Use data and performance metrics to assist with vendor & partner evaluation with the Content Operations, Production, and Marketing teams
- Collaborate with our Systems team to define tool requirements/enhancements to help scale our workflows
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed
- 7+ years of experience managing content localization
- Prior experience managing and leading teams in the marketing or localization space
- Solid understanding of consumer expectations regarding subtitling and dubbing in international markets
- A proven track record of identifying tooling and workflow solutions and operational efficiencies
- Vendor-management experience, with a proven ability to set expectations and hold vendors accountable to KPIs
- Prior experience leading root cause analysis investigations and creatively figuring out solutions to operational challenges
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and willingness to pivot as needed
- A collaborative spirit, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- The ability to question the way we do things and recommend alternative solutions that drive impact to the business
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve asset quality and production pipelines for the localization team
- Define production methodology for new or out-of-band asset types to continuously evolve new, scalable solutions and operational workflows
- Inspire your team to constantly innovate and automate the work they are managing
- A personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.