Localization Operations ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 845843BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Oct. 15, 2021
We’re looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s DTC experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
As a member of the Disney+ Operations Development Team within the Global Content Operations organization, you will be responsible for global end to end ordering and project management for all Disney+, Star and Star+ Library and Acquisition titles. Through excellent communication and organization, you will ensure that both systems and localization are optimized, documented, cataloged, and maintained. You will be highly collaborative, have a keen eye for innovation, and be consistently motivated to solve the challenges that come with launching content on a global platform.
- Create, track and report Disney+, Star and Star+ localization orders and delivery status for Library & Acquisition titles
- Project manage title level localization projects across a wide range of asset types and languages in collaboration with studio localization team
- Effectively communicate project and title level updates cross-functionally and with our internal partners
- Build collaborative relationships with internal Disney+ Operations teams as well as our Disney Studio Operations partners by serving as the day-to-day point of contact for Disney+ content localization
- Effectively articulate the value of content localization requirements and regional preferences to cross-functional teams
- Identify and manage risks through prioritization and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with our solution teams to define tool requirements and enhancements to help scale our localization ordering workflows
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed
- 5+ years of experience managing content localization, project management or equivalent
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle a high volume of assets in multiple projects for different content types at a time
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and willingness to extremely agile and pivot as needed
- A collaborative spirit, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- Able to question the way we do things and recommend alternative solutions that drive impact to the business
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve asset quality and production pipelines for the localization team
- Possesses a personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.