Location Design Lead - Unannounced Disney Channel SeriesApply NowApply Later Job ID 773664BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Apr. 22, 2021
- Work closely with Art Director and/or Background Paint Lead to apply and execute line, shape, and details to approved background designs
- Location Design Lead will touch base with other Location Designers keeping things on style prior to review with Art Director
- Work with Production and Art Director in breaking down Location Design needs for each episode
- Assign and distribute Location Design assignments if Art Director is unavailable
- Helping manage re-use and re-use library
- Assisting Art Director on managing, execution or distribution of revisions after art reviews
- Further the storytelling process using composition, perspective, and staging
- Adhere to the production schedule provided by Producer to ensure cost effective, timely production
- Ensure that the high quality and style of show established by the Executive Producer(s) and Art Director is achieved and maintained.
- Communicate feedback to Location Designers when Art Director is unavailable
- In the event that the Art Director is out of the office, Location Design Lead would run art reviews with directors and show leadership and manage handouts to Location Design team as needed
- May oversee the BG Design & Paints teams, delegating work and monitoring their schedules to create and maintain consistency with the design of the project
- Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
- Ability to translate reference into 2D art
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to design in a variety of tones and styles
- Knowledge of drawing software that includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Harmony and 3D technology, where applicable
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
Additional Information:Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.