Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Management Audit Financial Investigations Intern - Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 621699BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 07, 2019
Job Summary:The Special Reviews group is responsible for conducting investigations into financial irregularities and fraud at the Walt Disney Company. The team evaluates and opines on potential conflicts of interest involving Company employees and provides guidance on the handling of gifts received by Company employees from outside parties.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life...
- Utilize SAP to export and review data (e.g., expense reports, vendor spend, purchasing activity, personnel records, etc.)
- Perform data analysis which requires knowledge and efficiency with Excel and Access
- Review computer and personnel files (e.g., email files, calendar appointments, electronic documents, training records, Internet history, social networking websites) to identify evidence relevant to investigation
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role…
- MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to be accountable for multiple aspects of several projects simultaneously
- Good judgment, ability to maintain confidentiality, and high level of ethics, integrity, and professionalism
- High level of ethics, integrity, and professionalism
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in finance, accounting, business or other related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
Additional Information:• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May/June 2019 through August 2019.
• Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of the internship program.
• Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
• Required Materials:
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.