Manager, Business Analytics and Strategic ProgramsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 567881BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Date posted Jun. 25, 2018
Job Summary:Marvel’s Enterprise Technology & Strategy group is searching for a Manager of Business Analytics and Strategic Programs to uncover key insights to help Marvel businesses improve performance. S/he will identify business challenges and quantify opportunities using data and analytics.
Scope will include building data warehouses to store internal and external data sources to improve Marvel’s business operations and product efforts. S/he will have the opportunity to work on one of the world's largest consumer data sets and influence the long term evolution of Marvel’s analytics capability. This includes collaboration with analytics team(s) across Disney, related to direct-to-consumer projects and enterprise-wide strategies.
In addition, the candidate will oversee strategic programs and product management for new/emerging technologies, e.g., cloud-enabled applications.
Responsibilities:• Develop Marvel’s enterprise data strategy and mature data governance framework
• “Future-proof” the company through thoughtful positioning of technology and business teams with interlocked strategies.
• Interface with business segment leaders, program managers, and analysts to translate business requirements to data needs and solutions.
• Support the analytical needs of Marvel businesses, like Publishing, TV, Animation, Games, New Media, and Digital, inclusive of routine reporting, ad-hoc, statistical inference, and predictive modeling.
• Design data models and create automated procedures to scale and operationalize process.
• Build efficient and reliable data pipelines to transform data from multiple data sources.
• Build dashboards/visualizations and reports to present and analyze results
Basic Qualifications:• Good understanding of ETL processing, reporting, relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL)
• Familiarity with big data platform technologies – Hadoop, Presto, Hive
• Worked with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies and/or Google Cloud Platform
• 3+ years of experience in business intelligence, data engineering or data analytics roles. Worked with Data Warehouse solutions and large data sets to be able to source data from various locations.
• 1+ years of experience in data visualization tools using Tableau, Cognos cubes or other OLAP cube/data visualization and reporting package • Must have strong organizational skills to maintain multiple tasks and projects
• Excellent writing and communication skills with equal ability to talk to engineers, senior executives, partners, and clients
• Self-starter with proven ability to successfully launch new initiatives and to drive complex issues through detail analysis and resolution
Preferred Qualifications:• Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, fast paced environment
• Proven ability to understand and communicate issues at multiple levels, from validating and correcting junior staff detailed work to explaining the implications of analysis results to executives
• Previous experience working in the areas of inferential statistics, machine learning and predictive modeling
• Ability to adapt well to changing environment
Required EducationDegree in an analytical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Management Science)
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.