Manager-Business & Product PlanningApply Now Apply Later Job ID 730276BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Dec. 05, 2019
The mission of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) is to bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime. Whether managing a theme park, building a cruise ship, producing a new toy, publishing a book, or creating an online adventure, we want to be able to give our fans and customers the best Disney experience possible.
The Manager, Business and Product Planning, serves as a key business partner to Publishing executive leaders, leading the identification, evaluation, and development of key strategic and operational growth initiatives. The Manager will work closely with leaders across the business on various initiatives, and will play a critical role in driving the Publishing planning function.
- Prioritize and manage multiple Publishing-related projects
- Evaluate potential new opportunities, including through development of financial and quantitative analyses
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to senior-level executives
- Evaluate and understand key industry trends, including through third party research and analysis
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders / partners across the Company
- Support Publishing in the creation of annual five-year strategic plan
- Maintain relationships with research and data providers (e.g., NPD BookScan)
- Pull and analyze data from internal (e.g., DPEP financial systems) and external systems (e.g., NPD BookScan)
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Strong problem solving skills such as prioritization, critical thinking, and hypothesis development
- Ability to think pragmatically, not just theoretically, and drive execution of ideas
- Outstanding multi-tasking and teamwork capabilities
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including executives
- Experience in and/or passion for Publishing industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field; OR equivalent relevant experience
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.