Manager, Business PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 782844BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 10, 2021
The Manager, Business Planning, serves as a business partner to Games, Interactive Experiences, and Publishing executive leaders, leading the identification, evaluation, and development of key strategic and operational growth initiatives. The Manager will work closely with leaders across this business hub on various initiatives, and will play a critical role in driving the Publishing strategic planning function.
- Prioritize and manage multiple Games, Interactive Experiences and Publishing-related projects
- Identify, define, and analyze consumer and industry trends across major markets, including through third party research and analysis, and translate analysis into meaningful takeaways to support project narrative
- Evaluate potential new business growth opportunities, including through development of financial and quantitative analyses
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to senior-level executives
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders / partners across the Company
- Support the Director, Business Planning, and Publishing senior leadership in the creation of Publishing’s annual five-year strategic plan
- Maintain relationships with research and data providers (e.g., NPD BookScan),
- pull and analyze data from internal (e.g., DPEP financial systems) and external systems (e.g., NPD BookScan)
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical and financial modeling skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills such as prioritization, critical thinking, and hypothesis development
- Ability to think pragmatically, not just theoretically, and drive execution of ideas
- Outstanding multi-tasking and teamwork capabilities
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including executives
- Experience in and/or passion for Publishing industry preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field; OR equivalent relevant experience
- Master’s in Business Administration
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.