Manager, Business Technology, Global Product Compliance
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 673806BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 21/06/2019
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The HCM (Human Capital Management) & Corporate Functions Business Technology group is part of the EBS organization. We are responsible for advancing the Business and Enterprise Technology Strategy by creating shareholder value. We lead with a Business Architecture framework and own the core HCM, Legal, Tax, Real Estate, Brand Management, Supply Chain Logistics and Compliance functions domain technology roadmap.
The Manager, Business Technology, Global Product Compliance is a business-minded technology with strong relationship skills and ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally to create and drive technology-enabled strategy and solutions for Trade Management, International Labor Standards and Product Integrity.
- Working with the various functional domain executive leaders, develop and refine the technology strategy and capabilities roadmap. Identifying and prioritizing technology investments and delivering them in the most efficient manner.
- Manages the technology transformation for each of these specialties, ensuring a flexible architecture that leverages solutions that are intelligently integrated to support enterprise data and analytical capabilities which enable transparency and the business decision making processes.
- Leads the technology strategy, transitioning from a project-based approach to strategic investments that drive business outcomes.
- In partnership with the functional leaders, develop a management and support strategy for the existing and new portfolio of systems and projects.
- Deliver technology solutions, meeting commitments with speed and quality.
- Drive automation and self-service capabilities to enable business and technical productivity and speed.
- Actively work to build and mentor a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled team; communicating career paths, training and development.
- A minimum of eight years of IT experience, including significant leadership responsibilities for global, large scale platforms and systems.
- A strong business orientation combined with strong IT technical skills.
- Previous experience in managing both direct and indirect teams.
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, sub-contractor relationships.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven ability to direct a team to achieve well-communicated expectations.
- Demonstrated negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven delivery application portfolios inclusive of XaaS technologies and on-prem solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a departmental budget, including AOP, Forecast, and Capital.
- Preferred experience with GRC and Automation technologies. Including Work Fusion and other RPA / ML technologies.
- Preferred experience with leveraging an Enterprise Data Hub technology for system to system or platform to platform integrations.
- BA/BS in business or computer science or bachelors and appropriate work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.