Manager, Content & Information Security (PMO)
Glendale, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763321BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 16, 2020
Job Summary:The Manager, Content & Information Security (PMO) Security reports into the VP of Content & Information Security at The Walt Disney Studios based in Glendale, CA and is responsible for partnering with various group leads to understand their portfolio, delivery strategy and objectives to prioritize and facility quality service delivery. This role is a highly influential and visible role combining strategic planning, Experience & Program management, administrative support and process improvement across a fast-moving technology business. Your primary role is to creatively and efficiently solve any problem that comes your way, and to do it with eagerness and relentless execution. You will help maintain continuity for support of key projects and learn the cadence and unique needs of the organization.
Responsibilities:This role will focus on leading strategic initiatives and their execution across the organization, including the development of organizational strategy, communications and training and awareness programs that scale effectively across the Walt Disney Studios.
The role will lead to assess and improve health of programs and projects by identifying, defining, developing and implementing processes to increase visibility to various programs and to track status, resourcing requirements, issues, risks and/or objectives.
The candidate must possess the necessary skills to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change. Facilitate key technical initiatives, including organizing communication strategies for key projects. A strong sense of design.
- End to end understanding of project life cycles (e.g., pipeline, resource, demand, project delivery, financial)
- Good understanding of service delivery related key performance indicators
- Develop and own
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Customer orientation and responsiveness
- Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure
- Outstanding self-management, influence-management, information presentation and interpersonal, communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience working in a global IT environment and a working knowledge of technology, information worker and security concepts.
- 4+ years of experience in a fast-paced environment dynamic environment
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, cross-functional projects and complex budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to interact with a diverse community of colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to create and coordinate the creation of world class executive level communication artifacts including design and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments and develop positive working relationship
- Ability to compile and summarize data and information in succinct and understandable reports and formats
- Results driven; demonstrated record of maturity, sound judgment, integrity, and ethical standards
- Strong capability to develop, nurture and maintain effective relationships at senior leadership levels across a variety of organizations
- Decisiveness with keen analytic, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities that support and enable sound decision-making.
- Ability to think strategically, ask provoking questions, identify emerging issues, analyze potential impacts critically and translate ideas and insights into viable recommendations for action.
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills and the ability to meet and prioritize changing demands.
- Proven experience fostering environments of trust, transparency, and accountability.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience is required, A graduate degree with a focus on business, engineering or MBA preferred.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.