Manager, Content PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 763979BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 03, 2020
- Partner with local content planning teams across international territories to manage selections for library content, and track a holistic view of all Disney+ international programming plans, including currents, library content, acquisitions, and Originals. Ensure local planning strategies align with overall global planning strategy
- Work closely with Programming, Global Content Operations, Content, and Finance to manage slate planning efforts, using data-informed recommendations to advise content selections, localization strategy, and scheduling decisions
- Develop a living framework to assess library content for inclusion on Disney+ based on criteria such as appropriateness, quality, and tone; partner in managing the review process for content. In addition, partner with other lines of business across The Walt Disney Company to track and/or discover potential content for the Disney+ library
- Leverage data on content performance — Originals and library — to drive smarter content planning and programming decisions on an iterative basis
- Package strategy, calendars, reports, and content plans into summaries and/or high-level presentations for senior executives
- Represent Disney+ Content Planning & Scheduling in meetings with a professional and enthusiastic attitude.
- Handle any challenges with a solution-oriented mindset, and act as project manager for ad hoc requests and deliverables as they arise
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing teams or others
- Leader with extensive experience in slate planning, content strategy, content curation, and project management, ideally in digital media and entertainment. SVOD experience a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Diplomatic mindset and proven ability to work well in a team environment and across a matrixed organization
- Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Team management skills and experience; a leader who has developed a process for project prioritization and who has experience effectively communicating with other managers and/or team members about deliverables
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Docs, and other relevant software tools. Ability to quickly and proactively learn or adapt to new tools as needed
- Analytical mindset, ability to apply data and insights to strategy to drive results
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit
- Proactive mindset that allows for self-sufficiency when it comes to finding solutions or learning new skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and high-pressure working environment
- SVOD experience is a plus
- Relevant experience within international territories is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.