Manager, Content PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 983659BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jun. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Manage content planning efforts with designated international regions, working closely with international content planning teams, operations, and global marketing/PR teams to execute, track, and report on titles through the lifecycle of planning to sunrise.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day content planning support to local programming teams, maintaining daily communication and positive relationships throughout.
- Juggle various inputs such as analytics, finance, and editorial plans to inform strategic approach to content selections, prioritization, and sunrise planning.
- Represent Disney+ Content Planning & Scheduling in meetings with a professional and enthusiastic attitude. Handle any challenges with a solution-oriented mindset, and act as project manager for ad hoc requests and deliverables as they arise.
- Experience in fields related to slate planning, content strategy, content curation, lifecycle planning, and project management, ideally in digital media and entertainment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing a small team of individuals, providing clear direction and support as needed
- Diplomatic mindset and proven ability to work well in a team environment and across a matrixed organization
- Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Proven ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, time management for self and others
- Ability to identify and execute on opportunities to improve title planning and recommend solutions that drive impact to the business
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and high-pressure working environment
- SVOD or Linear TV experience a plus
- Familiarity with localization processes a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a related field
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.