Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager - Digital Content Strategy (KABC)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 692531BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jul. 30, 2019
Responsibilities:In collaboration with all content, news and marketing teams, you will help lead our best-in-class journalists and storytellers, providing strategic guidance and actionable insights to serve all our digital audiences. This position is expected to lead our efforts at digital strategy around content creation, distribution and engagement across all dayparts. The ability to lead and work collaboratively with talent, reporters, producers, marketers, photographers and managers on short and long-range projects is critical. Experience working and multitasking in a high-pressure news environment is a plus. Candidate should have full understanding of the multiplatform audience.
- Minimum five years experience analyzing data in a content driven environment to make strategic decisions around audience engagement
- Innovate our content: You will be our leader in creating an incubator for data-driven experimentation and priorities for making distinctive original content that drives engagement in all station platforms.
- Measure, learn and adapt: establish and maintain a process and workflow that fosters an environment of learning from data as we continue to develop innovative video content for all platforms. This will include creating experiments, analyzing results, and advising content creation/marketing across a variety of customer-facing channels and touchpoints.
- Identify community and influencer trends with an eye toward creating content that will both engage individually and work at scale.
- Proven digital success. You know what content to create and how to interpret the data to do more of what is resonating with the audience and less of what’s not.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills that foster collaboration and innovation
- Ability to recognize, create and communicate priorities and strategies as well as market opportunities and challenges to drive growth and performance improvement
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
Preferred Qualifications:Minimum five years experience analyzing data in a news environment
Required EducationBA or BS from a four year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.