Manager, Digital Marketing, TitlesApply NowApply Later Job ID 769084BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 23, 2020
- Develop and manage title movie and series campaigns on behalf of the service, and partner with the wider Disney+ Digital Marketing team on initiatives
- Partner closely with our analytics team to create and pivot content and campaigns based on data and reporting
- Manage agencies and the operations associated with these external partners, including assistance at marketing shoots
- Partner with team members to conceive and create evergreen content for brand that augment title campaigns
- Partner closely with the YouTube team on content creation for the Disney+ YouTube channel
- Leverage zeitgeist conversation, and encourage fan and talent engagement through content and community management
- Stay abreast of social media platform functionality and trends to better inform content creation and strategies
- Provide weekly reporting of content performance and campaigns across social platforms
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Disney, Studio, International, the Central Digital Marketing team and partners for support of Disney+ content and campaigns.
- Co-Lead and maintain the Disney+ content calendar, working directly with team members
- Minimum of 4 years extensive experience with digital marketing campaigns for brand and entertainment properties, specifically on movies and series.
- Worked at either a studio, network, or agency environment with an extensive knowledge of the layers and processes behind digital marketing and social media.
- Possesses strong creative point of view and aesthetic to ensure that Disney+ digital marketing materials are produced at a high level.
- Experience with marketing shoots, working directly with talent, and script writing.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to manage agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams.
- Experience working across multiple mediums – social media, digital placements, and websites.
- Keen eye for design, and ability to art direct development of social media and digital creative.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Passionate about brand management and storytelling, particularly in short form AV or static mediums.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects, and within a matrixed reporting environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure successful interactions, strong working relationships and the ability to interface with varied levels of management, peers and partners across varying teams.
- Highly collaborative sensibility, with ability to be open minded to feedback and always seeking out the best idea, not just their own idea.
- Knowledge and experience with social measurement and sentiment tools (both native and third party) as well as the ability to synthesize this data into meaningful results.
- Understanding the business necessities of a startup/launch property – experience defining and creating new systems or processes.
- Experience with streaming platform marketing – how a DTC product works, and how to make effective digital marketing materials to drive engagement and subscriber growth.
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably a degree in Business, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.