Manager, Digital Retail MarketingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 727551BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Store Date posted Dec. 03, 2019
The Manager, Marketing will be responsible for developing and executing Marketing campaigns and strategies that drive the direct to consumer retail channels, with a primary focus on shopDisney.com. The individual will work with Unified Retail leadership, Consumer Products Commercialization Marketing Strategy and Disney Parks, Experiences & Products (DPEP) Marketing Center of Excellence to develop marketing programs that bring Disney’s many franchises and stories to life for our Guests. In this role, you will collaborate with multiple departments to develop and activate your marketing efforts, including: Creative, Brand, Public Relations, Retail Marketing, Guest Services, Site Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Store Experience, Performance Marketing, Digital Marketing, Merchandising, Planning, Technology, Insights & Analytics, and TWDC Synergy.
- Lead the development and execution of marketing plans and tactics that drive traffic, engagement, sales, and brand awareness. Develop Unified Retail marketing strategies that can be leveraged through the DPEP’s Marketing Center of Excellence / performance marketing.
- Identify key Audiences and Customer Journeys and ensure these are addressed within our seasonal / product campaigns, as well as, within our always on efforts.
- Provide Creative briefs that establish creative requirements in support of all campaigns and messaging. Partner with the Media leads (Site, Store, PR, Email, Display, Social) to leverage the agreed upon assets in the execution of marketing across all platforms to deliver marketing campaigns and messages that are consistent across medias.
- Develop and communicate campaign goals, KPI’s and budget for each marketing campaign. Partner with Insights and Analytics to align on reporting requirements.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on campaign performance across all channels to understand the effectiveness of strategies and tactics in an effort to improve site engagement & conversion.
- Lead the hindsight process by providing a summary of for each campaign including performance against goals / KPI’s, lessons learned, and areas for improvement / growth.
- Project manage and ensure flawless execution of marketing programs across all medias.
- Identify opportunities to improve campaigns across personalization, dynamic content management, etc.
- Develop compelling marketing plans and one-sheets for communicating marketing programs to internal stakeholders.
- Manage the approval process of all marketing efforts, including internal, executive, brand, franchise, Legal, and 3rd party
- Identify opportunities to become integrated into TWDC cross business unit messages to increase shopDisney messaging outside of our direct media channels.
- Collaborate with merchants, planners, site, stores, and other cross-functional leads to develop and execute programs across the chain and for strategic, one-off priorities
- Represent the Disney store “Guest” within the Consumer Products Commercialization, shopDisney.com and Disney Store organizations, ensuring that all marketing activity provides the Guest with a consistent premium branded experience.
- Ensure that all marketing elements and executions are on ‘brand’ and are supporting the overall initiatives that have been set forth by the Director, Marketing.
- Ensure that all expenditures are within budget and accounted for.Lead and mentor the Marketing Associate who is responsible for facilitating the execution of campaigns, including providing support for campaign tracking and tagging.
- 5-8 years marketing experience
- Strong marketing acumen and understanding of digital product development
- Excellent project management skills, including strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and startup environment
- Ability to work autonomously, focusing on key outcomes amidst competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Well-organized, creative, independent, self-motivated individual with exceptional presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical, data driven and experience transforming data into insights to uncover the ‘so whats’
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and professional demeanor. Able to communicate effectively across all levels of management and teams.
- Ability to work successfully in a matrixed environment
- Knowledge of current marketing technologies and trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools and Keynote.
- BA/BS degree required
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Shopping, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
Disney Shopping, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.