Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Executive Communications – Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 615607BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Dec. 18, 2018
Job Summary:This senior-level manager role spearheads WDI executive positioning and leads executive engagement for senior leaders around the world. This is a critical role and an excellent opportunity to showcase strategic thinking and expertise in this field with superior writing capabilities and versatility. In addition, this position works closely with partners in internal and external communication roles to guide executive engagement in strategic and meaningful ways that strengthen their reputation as leaders in our organization and industry. This individual will also work with peers across the segment and company to ensure coordination and integration when multiple speakers from Disney are involved.
This role will focus on high profile speeches, presentations, and other written materials for executive partners, including keynote addresses, video scripts, written communications to employees and external stakeholders, and panel remarks. Previous speech-writing and creative writing experience, including writing for television/movies, is highly desired. Influencing and guiding leadership engagement and outreach efforts will be important to help ensure strategic alignment with WDI/Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products (DPECP)/The Walt Disney Company.
- Develop strategic executive communication plans for WDI senior leadership.
- Proactively recommend speaking engagements to ensure the most effective use of time and greatest business value for the company.
- Review speaking requests and help identify best candidates for conferences, presentations, panels, interviews, etc. based on subject matter and overall positioning.
- Develop internal and external communications -- presentations, video segments, scripts, talking points and executive perspectives.
- Prepare key messages for executives and Imagineers participating in high profile internal and external events, conferences or other forums where media may be present.
- Conduct presentation preparation and rehearsals, and be on site day of event to manage logistics and handle executive needs (may require domestic and international travel).
- Manage content development and presentation design for internal and external audiences.
- Assist with video production when featuring WDI execs. Coordinate logistics for interviews, scout locations for shoot, manage executive preparation, offer support and guidance during shoot, oversee editing, and manage the approval process.
- Partner with external communications (media relations / publicity) on engagements or speeches that have media present or opportunities to gain media exposure.
- Assist in the selection of Imagineers to receive media training.
- Minimum seven years of professional corporate communications experience
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to translate complicated concepts into clear, compelling language for audiences ranging from key stakeholders to media to consumers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage changing priorities and work under deadlines
- Proficiency in Keynote/Powerpoint
- Willingness and availability to travel to support various international engagements as needed
- Previous experience with The Walt Disney Company including in-depth knowledge of Disney business and organizational sensitivities
- Demonstrated experience with creative writing and scripts for television, movies, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.