Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 688107BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 09, 2019
Job Summary:The Manager, Finance and Planning, will be responsible for management of forecast processes and global consolidation of financial performance for the Games & Interactive Experiences (GIE) business. This position plays a key role within the GIE finance team and will interact with executives in the Games business, the regional finance teams, and Disney Consumer Products & Commercialization division finance.
- Manage Games & Interactive Experiences P&L consolidation process including the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan, and monthly forecasts, including:
- Provide forecast deliverables to division finance and cause of change analysis to management
- Work closely with regional finance and Marvel teams to understand key drivers and risks / opportunities that impact the business
- Communicate key drivers of results to finance and business executives
- Help drive forecast business review presentations to senior management for Games
- Manage key financial models and develop new ad-hoc financial models at the request of management or business changes
- Provide analysis and feedback for key initiatives, working with executives to drive business decisions
- Work closely with COGNOS TM1 to pull financial data out of the system and upload forecast submissions
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional projects.
- Manage and develop staff through development feedback and career development
- Stay current with digital gaming industry and technology trends, and the evolution of competitive landscape.
- 5+ years of financial planning experience required with demonstrated forecasting, budgeting and analysis knowledge.
- Attention to detail, ability to create decks for leadership and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Track record of working independently and delivering results in a highly organized manner.
- Executive presence and ability to interact with senior executives, as well as all other levels of individuals within an organization.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to drive and lead projects, multi-task to meet deadlines, and manage junior analyst staff.
- Collaborative and enjoys working with peers across a variety of product and geographical areas in a global team.
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- General knowledge and interest in digital media, gaming industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Finance or equivalent),
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.