Manager, FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 768717BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 10, 2020
Disney Publishing Worldwide develops original, award-winning Learning and Storytelling content for Disney, Marvel, Lucas and own-created brands, which fuels both DPEP and TWDC. It is considered the largest children’s publishing brand in the world.
The Publishing Finance team is seeking an experienced Manager of Finance to lead the FP&A and ad hoc analysis functions of the vertical businesses within Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Responsibilities:You’d join a dynamic team of financial planners and analysts whose job is to work directly with clients by providing astute insight into the performance of investments.
Every single day as a Manager of Finance is different! On any one day you might:
- Lead planning across key business cycles: Annual Operating Plan, Long-Term Strategic Plan, Monthly Forecasts and Monthly/Quarterly Close, including the preparation of presentations to Publishing and DPEP Executive teams
- Support all aspects of the P&L, including revenues, costs and managed operating income as well as inventory management of the vertical businesses globally
- Review by title profitability analysis (Pro forma and NPV) in support of greenlighting process
- Perform ad-hoc benchmark reporting and deep dive analysis to support business growth strategies
- A key financial advisor and partner to the business teams (Editorials, Operations, Sales, Controllership, Legal, HR and Consolidations Finance)
- Utilize multiple systems and tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, Invision, TM1, Cognos and SAP
- Drive efficiency through process improvements, including constant update, revision and creation of financial models, templates and planning process
- Report directly to a Senior Manager and lead a Senior Financial Analyst
- 5+ years of Financial, Planning & Analysis work experience; MBA a plus
- Prior experience in leading direct reports
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail and deliverable timeline
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (technical skills as well as big picture)
- Advance proficiency MS applications, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint; prior experience with COGNOS and SAP preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of balance sheet, income statement and cash flow drivers
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and prioritize work with tight deadlines
- Ability to partner with Senior Executives and be a trusted and reliable source of information, analysis and support
- Able to work autonomously, take directions and inputs from partners locally and remotely
- Willingness to take on initiatives and learn new systems and applications
- Be a team player and build strong relationships across Finance teams, lines of business and Publishing community
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Finance or equivalent
- MBA is preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.