Manager, Financial AccountingApply NowApply Later Job ID 845858BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 19, 2021
- Lead production audits at filming locations and manage any compliance functions including supporting external auditor requests;
- Review the consolidated profit & loss, balance sheet, and cash flow to provide quality assurance that all Production financial statements are accurate and adhere to US GAAP;
- Analyze the financial results comparing to forecasts;
- Manage the quarterly close processes to ensure that all deliverables are completed accurately and timely;
- Liaise with Finance partners on any close related matters and review development and production spending packages for accuracy and explains any significant changes from forecast;
- Partner with Studio Production Finance relating to forecast processes and operational/tax initiatives;
- Handle any adhoc requests from management, Finance partners, and other internal Disney divisions
- Manage an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase accuracy of our financial records or forecast, and efficiency of our processes;
- Supervise three staff members.
- CPA required;
- Auditing experiences required (Big 4 public accounting experience preferred);
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and basic understanding of Tax ;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Superior problem solving ability;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, SAP and Cognos
- Studio Industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Additional Information:DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW
The Enterprise Controllership Organization is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business partners. We support our business partners’ decision-making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. Our vision is to be the global leader in providing financial and technical expertise. We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.