Manager, Financial AuditApply NowApply Later Job ID 833115BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 23, 2021
- Assist in the development of the annual plan, including linking strategic initiatives of the segment to the key audit risks. Understand business changes and adapt audit plans throughout the year
- Plan, conduct, and supervise engagements with a focus on analysis and assessment of the control environment associated with the financial reporting, operational, and compliance processes
- Identify and maintain leading-edge knowledge and audit techniques to improve the audit process and results
- Formulate well-written, concise and clear audit reports
- Perform a regular, periodic follow-up on significant audit findings and recommendations to evaluate the adequacy of corrective actions
- Develop and maintain relationships with external auditors
- Coach, train, and mentor audit staff in improving audit skills
- Investigate and research technical accounting and auditing matters
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Possesses executive presence, excellent communication skills both oral and written (must be able to tailor their communication style as the candidate will interface with employees of all levels) and instill purpose and confidence
- Strong knowledge in technical accounting, internal controls and control environments
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong work ethic and takes ownership of their projects and workflow, leads by example, and mentors a team to meet high profile and dynamic objectives
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Excellent team player, who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented, able to work independently
- Willingness to travel 25-40% domestically and internationally upon business travel resumption
- 5+ years of financial auditing experience at a top accounting firm or the internal audit function of a reputable public company
- Professional experience within the Hospitality or Media and Entertainment industry
- Ability to position oneself as a strategic partner to assist audit stakeholders in meeting company objectives
- General understanding of database-driven financial reporting, accounting systems (SAP preferred) and their associated controls and control environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance
- CPA or equivalent experience required
- Master’s degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.