Manager, Financial SystemsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 724026BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 28, 2020
The Manager of Financial Systems will manage overall user support for the JDE1 and Hubble reporting applications, ensure master data governance process is in place, oversee security access and job roles in these applications and manage day-to-day sustainment support and project initiatives. This role will need to leverage knowledge in finance and technology in order to partner with our finance and business stakeholders in evaluating business objectives and needs, current operational procedures and financial systems used to formulate and successfully execute the roadmap for finance and systems.
The ideal candidate should have a strong accounting/finance and project management background. He/ She will oversee all aspects of these system applications. He/ She should have proven history of building and maintaining excellent client service relationships, interact and partner with all levels of management to help drive collaborative business decisions, strong leadership experience to direct and mentor teams to meet objectives, excellent communication skills, work in a fast-paced environment, and adaptable to business priority changes with ease.
- Liaises with IT to drive system enhancements, upgrades and modifications across multiple process areas and segments; ensures architecture supports business requirements
- Manages multiple complex projects covering multiple process areas (e.g. Project systems, GL).
- Leads the design, resource management, implementation and support of finance system solutions for each Segment and the Enterprise
- Effectively communicates with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members.
- Assists in developing project infrastructure for team (i.e. templates, project management methodology and execution)
- Develops project plans with specific goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and allotment of resources for each phase of the project.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule
- Monitors project results against objectives, milestones and scope.
- Develops solution testing, training and communication.
- Obtains project signoff of completion and appropriately close-out.
- Defines and drives long term strategy for Disney Financial Systems and related processes within their process areas
- Implements strategic plans participating in the selection of methods, tools, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Leverages synergy opportunities across functions and businesses
- Makes sound business decisions that balance competing priorities
- Serves as a strategic business planning partner working with business units (within each Segment and across the Enterprise) and IT to formulate enhancement options to address specific functional issues / requirements
- Develops Strategy for obtaining/analyzing metrics to identify trends, process/system opportunities and recommends corrective action
- Recommends and implements process improvement/reengineering initiatives
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of business specific objectives
- Promotes teamwork both internally and externally
- Manages team resources and ensure they are utilized appropriately
- Provides challenging work assignments and development opportunities
- Supports productivity and morale of the team
- Ability to positively confront issues and resolve conflict with sound judgment
- Ability to define a clear vision and motivate others to embrace change
- Plan and develop potential successors
- Minimum of 10 years work experience with financial or accounting, preferably in a large SAP installation
- Minimum 5 years of staff management experience
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in managing projects of medium to large scale and implemented change initiatives as a technical expert within a specified product or process area
- Experience in service delivery in a high performing customer service and support organization
- Facilitate scope definition, and high-level planning, discovery, and estimation workshops for projects with cross-functional teams
- Quantify cost factors to deliver project deliverables including resources, project oversight, objective risk and related contingency
- Document key assumptions and dependencies established through estimation activities
- Prepare and present high-level plan with estimates for executives and cross-functional leaders based on estimate outcome
- Create project schedule and communication plans
- Ensure proactive scheduling of key deliverables, milestones and deliverable tasks
- Develop the project plan and schedule with cross discipline functional leads
- Ensure necessary steps and dependencies to deliver projects and components are established
- Validate that scope can be completed within timeline and budget
- Estimate resource needs with help from functional leads
- Confidently lead and drive cross-functional projects, and individual project tracks of large programs through full delivery life-cycle ensuring project is delivered on-time and on-budget
- Manage resource assignment, budget, scheduling, and scope prioritization, and change control
- Work with cross discipline team members to validate project assumptions and review project plans with leadership
- Ensure proper documentation of scope of work with help from cross discipline functional leads
- Serve as primary liaison among multiple teams, including DFS, Technology, vendors and key functional/business teams
- Communicate regular updates to project and executive leadership team on delivery progress, plan updates and budget spend and forecast, including status report updates, financial/budget/variance reports, and other reporting as required
- Monitor adherence to schedule and milestone commitments
- Escalate key issues and risks to ensure timely resolution and mitigation
- Prevent scope creep, record causes of change, and facilitate change requests to ensure impacts to schedule or budget, as well as forecasts, are approved and communicated in a timely manner
- Ensure proper project closure including lessons learned, transition and hand-off to ongoing maintenance support, and final financial reporting
- Proven “team player” who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- High energy level; strong work ethic
- Self-driven, independent thinker
- Results-oriented, able to anticipate change and respond to client priorities with agility
- Demonstrated track record of process improvements and desire to implement best practices
- Established expertise in financial operations, financial controls, GAAP accounting, financial reporting, and financial systems
- Understanding of general ledger, hierarchies and data structures
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid ability to deliver on baseline client service obligations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to succinctly convey relevant information across multiple levels of the organization and confidently project a professional image that fosters relationship building and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently on self -directed and assigned tasks under moderate direction and supervision
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Experience in using Business Objects and/or Cognos reporting tools
- Experience developing end user training
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business, or a related field
- Graduate Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field (e.g., MAC, MBA, MIS),
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.