Manager, Financial SystemsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10068878 Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 16, 2023
About the Role & Team
At Disney Financial Systems, you will team with the best in the business to create and build one of the most innovative teams in any industry! Uniquely we are positioned at the center of The Walt Disney Company, the forward-thinkers in Financial Systems constantly pursue new insights and innovative technologies to help the businesses we support drive value.
An opportunity exists to join our dynamic organization as Manager Financial Systems responsible for the record to consolidate functions. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Financial Systems and will lead five (5) direct reports. Come join us and be part of this dynamic team!
What You Will Do
As the Manager Financial Systems, you will help define and drive long term strategy and improvements for Disney Financial Systems and related processes within the record to consolidate process areas. Implement strategic plans and participate in the selection of methods, tools, techniques, and evaluation criteria required to achieve desired results. Develop strategies for acquiring and analyzing metrics to identify trends, process/system opportunities and recommend corrective action.
In support of projects, we work with cross functional teams to coordinate and advise on all aspects of the project life cycle including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, developing training and communication solutions, and ensure closure and completion projects. Build and maintain excellent client service relationships, interact, and partner with all levels of management to help drive collaborative business decisions.
The ideal candidate, will have a proven history of demonstrating effective leadership and can direct and mentor teams to meet objectives, showcase excellent communication skills, and can work in a fast-paced environment while adapting to business priority changes with ease.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of staff management experience
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Exhibit the ability to lead, mentor and develop versatile teams
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in leading projects of medium to large scale and implemented change initiatives as a technical expert within a specified product or process area
- Facilitate scope definition, and high-level planning, discovery, and estimation workshops for projects with cross-functional teams
- Quantify cost factors to deliver project deliverables including resources, project oversight, objective risk and related contingency
- Capture key assumptions and dependencies established through estimation activities
- Expertly lead and drive cross-functional projects, and individual project tracks of large programs through full delivery life-cycle ensuring project is delivered timely and on-budget
- Manage resource assignment, budget, scheduling, and scope prioritization, and change control
- Work with cross subject area team members to validate project assumptions and review project plans with leadership
- Ensure accurate documentation of scope of work with help from cross subject area functional leads
- Serve as primary liaison among multiple teams, including DFS, Technology, vendors and key functional/business teams
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial savvy
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid ability to deliver on baseline client service obligations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to succinctly convey relevant information across multiple levels of the organization and confidently project a professional image that develops relationship building and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently on self -directed and assigned tasks under moderate direction and supervision
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Experience in using Business Objects and/or Cognos reporting tools
- Experience developing end user training
Bachelor's Degree - Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business, or a related field
Graduate Degree - Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field (e.g., MAC, MBA, MIS)
The hiring range for this position in Glendale is $135,000 to $165,000 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.