Manager, Flexible Business ModelsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 731306BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 10, 2019
This position is responsible for identifying and developing flexible business models on a global basis. This position reports to the Director, Global Product Management Flexible Business Model Strategy.
- Create analytical framework to holistically evaluate product and retail business models, and develop go to market approach
- Assess strategic value and financial opportunity of models and identify key requirements to execute
- Manage development of implementation plan of all new business model initiatives with key stakeholders (e.g. Integrated Retail, Product Development, Sourcing, Licensing, Creative, Finance, etc.)
- Determine appropriate model(s) for identified growth channels (e.g. 3rd party sales on Amazon, wholesale at Mass, etc.)
- Drive new model analysis in international markets with local market resources, as needed
- Develop go-to-market approach to deploy category takeover initiatives
- Assess and deploy wholesale capsules that deliver incremental revenue
- 8-10 years’ experience in consumer packaged goods (e.g. Apparel, Toys) Wholesale, Product Management, Business Development
- Experience in developing and executing against various business models
- Additional experience with supply chain, logistics, product development, merchandising, sourcing preferred
- Strong cross-functional capabilities
- Must be results oriented, highly organized and self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully lead multiple projects within a matrixed organization
- Global experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA strongly preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.