Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Global DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 660498BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 15, 2019
Job Summary:Global Development is a highly visible department charged with systematically assessing the long-term goals, growth strategy and capital expansion opportunities that drive investment decisions to maximize value for Disney’s Parks, Experiences and Products businesses. The team’s work spans across all businesses (e.g. theme parks & resorts, signature experiences, consumer products licensing & publishing) and geographies (e.g. US, Asia, Europe). The team plays a key role in helping the businesses deliver predictable and sustainable long term earnings growth.
We are seeking a highly qualified candidate for the Manager of Global Development position. This role requires excellent strategic thinking, proven analytical acumen, strong communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate. A team-oriented attitude and a sense of fun are essential.
- Proactively support company leaders’ financial and commercial decision-making by driving cross-functional projects including leading research/analytics, developing presentations and managing relationships with partners.
- Develop work plans for projects under management, ensuring timely delivery of work needed from the Global Development team and partners
- Define and lead strategic planning, research, modeling and analytics, and incorporate outputs in overall project storyline while also identifying past trends and predicting the future needs of our businesses and our consumers/Guests
- Develop own recommendation and autonomously build presentations
- Build and engage cross-functional teams to deliver projects, ensure shared ownership of recommendations
- Deliver presentations and actively contribute to meetings with senior leadership by providing input and feedback that will enable senior leadership to make timely and effective business and commercial decisions
- Explore new approaches and frameworks to financial data analysis to solve issues
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with partners across the company
- Provide ongoing development support to all levels within the team
- Partner with Marketing/Consumer Insights, Revenue Management, Imagineering, Finance, Controllership etc. to gather internal data and opinions
- 5 years of progressive experience in business development and/or consulting
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills with the ability to translate into actionable insights and recommendations
- Demonstrated strategic and structured thinking
- Self-starter with the ability to handle ambiguity
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Experience in coaching and mentoring direct reports
- Ability to lead and inspire teams
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Passion for the Disney brand and in particular, Disney’s theme parks and signature experiences
- Enthusiasm for the travel and hospitality industry
- International work experience
- MBA from a top-tier school; top academic achievement
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CFA)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.