Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, HR Business PartnerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636270BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Date posted Feb. 08, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
The mission of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) is to bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime. Whether managing a theme park, building a cruise ship, producing a new toy, publishing a book, or creating an online adventure, we want to be able to give our fans and customers the best Disney experience possible.
As a forward-looking HR professional supporting this dynamic organization, you will serve as a business partner to senior leadership in Communications & Public Affairs by developing and delivering integrated and inclusive HR Services such as: Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Organization & Cast Effectiveness, Change & Transition Management and Functional HR Integration. This role reports to the Sr. Manager, HRBP
- Establishes and maintains an intimate understanding of the Communications & Public Affairs organization and the DPEP business, as well as emerging trends in new media related to talent management and organizational dynamics.
- Build effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization.
- Manage a Professional level direct report within their assigned client areas and lead projects for the team.
- Provide leadership and consultation focused on creating innovative HR strategies to anticipate and assess emerging business, organization or people trends, and identify and implement the appropriate Human Resource / Diversity & Inclusion solutions.
- Plans and leads organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Collaborate with HR functional partners to execute human resources strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth.
- Design and execute strategies to increase organization, team and individual performance to improve the business capabilities to deliver against it goals.
- Assess talent capabilities and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
- Challenge the status quo; pursue different approaches to our work by demonstrating flexibility, nimbleness, transparency, agility and global thinking
- 5+ years progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner with specific experience in organizational development, talent management and change management, preferably in a new media, digital, technology or highly innovative environment.
- Minimum one (1) year experience leading staff professionals
- Previous experience managing multiple client groups and prioritizing associated projects in a fast-paced and high volume, complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results.
- Demonstrates an effective consultative approach to build awareness on key organizational issues and consensus for relevant solutions; able to guide stakeholders to build commitment to drive org improvement and change
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead change in a matrixed organization
- Proven ability to identify issues and establish appropriate plans to resolve
- Demonstrated strong integration and strategic planning skills
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven knowledge of HR industry practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or related field
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.