Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, HR Business PartnerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 643789BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 08, 2019
Job Summary:The Manager, HR Business Partner is responsible for shaping the employee experience, ensuring the company’s talent grows in meaningful ways, and making business leaders and HR as successful as possible. In this role, the Manager contributes to and leads execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of the various Consumer Products Commercialization groups. The manager will lead and facilitate all HR services for the client group she or he supports through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups and other HR business partners. He or she will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
- Serves as a strategic partner to the leadership of Integrated Retail, Franchise & Consumer Products Teams, developing solutions and executing plans to realize business results.
- Align HR solutions with the dynamic nature of the supported businesses and their evolving strategic needs, as well as ensuring execution of all HR policies, company-wide initiatives and programs.
- Assess business need and analyze metrics to design integrated strategies to drive organizational efficiency and employee effectiveness.
- Provide plans, processes and tools for talent management inclusive of forecasting talent needs, developing succession plans, setting and reviewing performance objectives, and managing employee performance.
- Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives.
- Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development
- Coach business leaders on key organizational and management issues.
- Partner with Commercialization Leadership to develop and drive new organizational capabilities and a culture within Integrated Retail and Franchise & Consumer Products that supports the future needs of the CPC segment through incentives alignment, organizational design, talent skills and capabilities
- 8+ years’ progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management.
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy.
- Possesses both critical thinking capability and hands-on HR business plan implementation experience.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
- MBA preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.