Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, HR Business PartnerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 687064BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 08, 2019
This role will have broad impact across Disney’s Consumer Products Commercialization team supporting both professional and executive populations as well as hourly and managerial Cast Members for the Disney store Brick & Mortar “field” operations.
Additionally the Manager, HRBP facilitates the alignment and improvement of HR policies, processes and programs via effective partnership with other HR teams including employee Relations, compensation, talent acquisition, workforce analytics, organizational development and others. S/he will help to manage the design and implementation of new and changed HR policies and programs to enhance the performance and experience of Disney store Cast Members.
- Design and execute strategies to increase organization, team and individual performance to improve the business’s capabilities to deliver against its goals. Provide expertise in the areas of leadership and team development, organization and cast effectiveness.
- Assess and articulate requirements to create new or improved business initiatives, HR policies, processes and programs
- Collaborate with HR functional partners (i.e., HR operations, compensation, employee relations, talent acquisition) to execute human resources strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth
- Deliver HR services to clients resulting in a seamless point of contact to the broader HR organization and ensure successful integration of functional partner initiatives and expertise
- Act as project manager for assigned HR initiatives and special projects across the client groups. Initiatives include employee survey action planning, performance management, talent planning, compensation planning and career development.
- Manage day-to-day HR issues for assigned Disney stores and Field Leaders. As a strategic business partner, ensure that HR solutions add value to the client, including frequent and proactive solicitation of feedback
- Serve as the main point of contact for employees and leaders and refer cast members to the appropriate HR resources as appropriate
- Handle employee relations issues for Disney store, escalating complex or unique employee relations issues to Senior Manager and Employee Relations team
- Work in direct partnership with HRBPs from other areas to ensure a consistent and seamless service
- 7+ years’ experience as a Human Resources Business Partner
- 3+ years’ experience within a specialty retail environment in either Human Resources or Retail Operations
- Previous experience managing multiple client groups and prioritizing projects in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills
- Demonstrated integration and strategic planning skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coach and influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong business acumen
- Proven knowledge of HR industry practices
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results
- Proven ability to manage conflict and the courage to challenge organizational thinking
- Proven consulting and/or change management experience
- SHRM certification or other HR industry equivalent
- Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
Preferred EducationMBA or Masters in Organizational Development, Leadership
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.