Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Information SecurityApply Now Apply Later Job ID 527360BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May. 29, 2018
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
”We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of Disney’s Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, its talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
This role will lead information security improvements at Walt Disney Imagineering. An ideal candidate would be passionate about security, partnering with development teams to identify opportunities for improvement and championing the direction or solution to deliver high quality software projects. The security efforts this role will be involved in will span the software gamut, including cloud architecture, web development, desktop development, and embedded systems.
- Analyze the state of security within the organization and develop, communicate and optimize roadmap to address challenges
- Design application security architecture including data classification, development best practices, penetration testing, patching and remediation
- Oversee security operations in collaboration with the systems team including network design, network discovery, repository scanning and incident response
- Ensure Disney system, network, and data compliance is met by working with application, systems and general infrastructure teams
- Research emerging security attack vectors and properly implement security solutions to reduce risk
- Collaborate with segment and corporate security teams to share best practices and coordinate efforts
- Direct experience collaborating with application and systems engineering teams
- Experience performing vulnerability and risk assessment using tools such as Nessus, Burp Suite, etc
- Experience with security tools such as IDS, HIDS, FIM, Web Application Firewalls, vulnerability scanners
- Working knowledge of network protocols and Linux/Unix system internals and transport protocols (TCP, TLS, HTTP, UDP)
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Perl/Go for automation or integration with multiple APIs (REST, SOAP, RPC)
- Excellent communications skills, capable of working with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or 7+ years of equivalent, hands-on technology experience in large enterprise environments
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.