Manager, Integrated AuditApply NowApply Later Job ID 773642BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 05, 2021
The Manager will be responsible for leading teams of financial, technology and operational audit professionals in performing audits in the areas of design, efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls. The position schedules and plans audits, monitors fieldwork progress and communicates the results to senior management. Managers are typically assigned responsibility and act as the primary contact for one or more business units within the Disney Media Entertainment Distribution, including Studio, General Entertainment, Sports and Direct to Consumer, and Parks, Experiences and Products segments, as well as International Operations and our Corporate functions.
- Assist in development of the annual plan, including linking strategic initiatives of the segment to the key audit risks. Understand business changes and adapt audit plan throughout the year
- Plan, conduct and supervise engagements with a focus on analysis and assessment of the control environment associated with the financial reporting, technology, operational and compliance processes
- Identify and maintain leading edge knowledge and audit techniques to improve the audit process and results
- Analyze the relationships between business processes, systems and databases
- Manage the testing of key technology controls within business and operational processes
- Formulate well-written, concise and clear audit reports
- Perform a regular, periodic follow-up on significant audit findings and recommendations to evaluate the adequacy of corrective actions
- Develop and maintain relationships with external auditors
- Coach, train and mentor audit managers and staff in improving audit skills
- Investigate and research technical accounting, technology and auditing matters
- Participate in various company-wide initiatives, such as system implementations and reviews of policies and procedures
- Lead department initiatives
- Quickly develop and understanding of Disney’s culture and company structures
- Gain and apply historical knowledge of the department’s audit work in order to leverage internal department experience in future audits
- Minimum 5 years work experience in auditing and/or accounting
- Willingness to travel up to 25-40% (domestic and international) upon business travel resumption
- Possesses executive presence, excellent communication skills both oral and written (must be able to tailor their communication style as the candidate will interface with employees of all levels)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Superior knowledge in technical accounting and technology auditing, internal controls and control environments
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Charismatic, dynamic leader and effective manager, who leads by example and mentors a team to meet high profile and dynamic objectives
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Excellent team player, who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Professional experience within the Media and Entertainment industry
- Leadership experience at a top accounting firm or the internal audit function of a reputable public company
- Experience with databases, Tableau or other data / analytical tools
- Experience analyzing large sets of data
- Entertainment industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or related business field
- CPA (or other accounting certificate), CIA, CISA, CISSP or other relevant professional certifications
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.