Manager, International Income TaxApply Now Apply Later Job ID 714446BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 25, 2019
Responsibilities:Reporting to the Senior Manager, International Income Tax, the Manager, International Income Tax will oversee the preparation and review of international portions of the federal tax return. There will be significant interaction with other functional groups within the tax department including planning, audit/controversy and tax provision and forecasting to support the projects identified above. The Manager, International Income Tax will also support ad-hoc analysis and special projects that require strong communication, interpersonal, project management skills and acute attention to detail. The Manager, International Income Tax will be provided an opportunity to demonstrate the ability to act as a change agent by improving and building upon existing forecasting and reporting processes and tools within the scope of responsibility, including implementing new technologies.
- 5+ years of broad-based income tax in a large complex public company or comparable experience in public accounting
- Experience leading a team in a significant compliance effort
- Prior experience with tax technology, systems and process improvement from research through implementation desired
- Broad-based technical C Corporation experience and specific international income tax (e.g., Foreign Derived Intangible Income (FDII), E&P, foreign tax credits, Accounting Methods), addressing compliance issues around completing a large complex tax return (e.g., required disclosures, elections, filing procedures)
- Experience with and knowledge of other International Tax Reform such as BEAT, GILTI
- Broad understanding and ability to apply concepts of US GAAP, ASC 740, and SOX controls and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with business units, external service providers, and management
- Strong desire to broaden/build skills; including keeping up with technical changes
- Strong information technology skills (e.g. Microsoft Office and One Source) and advocates for use of existing and new technologies to drive efficiencies
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to independently identify and resolve issues
- Excellent communication skills with ability to frame communications appropriate to audience
- Ability and desire to train, manage, mentor and develop staff
- Project Management Experience as well as Certifications (such as PMP), preferred
- Project Management experience, Tax Accounting experience;
- Prior experience with tax technology, systems and process improvement
- Master's Degree or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.