Manager, Lic, HL, DAPPApply Now Apply Later Job ID 723216BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Licensing Date posted Nov. 07, 2019
Responsibilities:Finance and Business Planning:
- Accountable for developing, proposing, overseeing, and implementing the business strategy for select Hardlines/Stationery categories
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned categories to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting (setting annual AOP targets, obtaining and reviewing quarterly forecasts)
- Participate and contribute to the strategic planning process. Develop strategies and business plans by retailer, brand and property.
- Strategize, identify and develop new business opportunities for respective properties and cross Disney portfolio. Manage the process from concept to pitch, to licensee on-boarding, contract negotiation and contract signature.
- Manage licensees for assigned category, which includes contract negotiation, resolving issues, and promotional/advertising initiatives.
- Research & understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer and retailer and industry needs.
- Analyze account business performance and develop/drive growth objectives that are aligned with DCP initiatives.
- Develop and implement product strategies, merchandising and marketing plans to ensure sales are maximized and marketing objectives are met.
- Set-up and lead licensees business reviews.
- Negotiate financial deal points and other material terms on new deals and renewals
- Perform all functions of “Contract Owner” for a selection of licensees.
- Partner with product development to innovate & bring to market compelling new product for categories managed; collaborate and oversee product development strategy with special focus on quality, appropriate SKU count, feature/benefit analysis.
- Set product strategy and align with Product Development team to ensure timely approval of products which may include: lead meetings; coordinate programs across all categories; review line lists; respond to product development team in the case of OPA submission changes; execute merchandising plans; public relations and advertising coordination.
- With Sales team, define and plan product development for retailer exclusive products.
- Prepare product presentations included but not limited to internal line reviews.
- Ensure licensee product lines reflect Disney quality and brand/property objectives.
- In conjunction with/support of the Franchise team:
- Provide any licensee/product information in support of marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings
- Help define and integrate licensees within wider brand and marketing plans
- Strategically outline and develop licensees product information in support of marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings
- Support internal initiatives generated by Marketing and Sales Teams.
- In conjunction with Franchise partners, communicate new product initiatives and strategies to the internal retail teams.
- Liaise with Sales Trade Marketing team to define account promotional and marketing plans and ensure licensee participation.
- Work closely with licensees, retail and creative teams to ensure product lines are strategically thought out and meet retailer needs by distribution channel while maintaining Disney quality and character integrity standards.
- Excellent understanding of brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Strong relationship building skills, flexible and adaptable; able to collaborate, influence and persuade at all levels of an organization, both internal and external
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Team Player with “can-do” attitude
- Multi-task oriented
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to set quality standards and hold product to such standards
- Able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of licensees' production and creative capabilities/limitations
- Bachelor's degree + 5-7 yrs. directly related experience or Masters + 2-3 yrs. experience
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.