Manager, Licensing Softlines (20th Century, ESPN, Vault)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 767359BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Licensing Date posted Oct. 19, 2020
Responsibilities:Finance and Business Planning:
- Accountable for developing, proposing, overseeing and implementing the business strategy for Softlines categories including Apparel/Accessories/Footwear/Home (Furniture, Décor, Tabletop and Kitchen).
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned categories to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting.
- Develops strategies and business plans by retailer, brand and property for multiple franchises.
- Responsible for new business and revenue growth opportunities with existing licensees.
- Brand and Content Management: (In conjunction with the Franchise team)
- Provide licensee/product information in support of marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings.
- Acts as ambassador for the category. Research & understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs.
- Strategize and develop new business opportunities. Analyzes account (licensee and retailer) business performance and develops growth objectives that are aligned with Disney Consumer Products initiatives.
- Develop and implement product strategies, merchandising and marketing plans to ensure that sales are maximized and marketing objectives are met.
- Partner with sales in assortment / retail planning / sales pitches where relevant.
- Ensures licensee requests are researched and responded to in a timely fashion.
- Manage licensee portfolio / co-manage where relevant with LOB partner (contract negotiation, data management, approvals, submissions, promotion / advertising) as well as day-to-day relationship with licensees.
- Support Director in everyday responsibilities such as contract and amendment process, financial analysis, preparing presentations and other projects as necessary.
- Partner with Product Development team to innovate & bring to market compelling new product for categories managed.
- Ensures licensee product lines reflect Disney quality and brand/property objectives.
- Retail, Sales and Marketing:
- Develop strong relationships with key retailers to maximize commercial and brand opportunities.
- Maintain general knowledge of the retail landscape and monitor retails sales performance of key licensees and programs. Perform retail-shopping analysis.
- Provide any licensee /product information in support of marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings.
- Build strong team-oriented relationships with other CPGP franchise teams and business units, to develop opportunities of coordination with other categories, lines of business and departments and/or cross-promotional opportunities.
- Strong understanding of brand positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Highly detail-oriented. Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to handle several tasks/assignments simultaneously and to maintain flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, able to work in a fast pace environment
- Analytical/Strategic Thinker
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint; knowledge of financial tracking systems preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree + 5 yrs. of directly related experience.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.