Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Participations Talent AuditApply Now Apply Later Job ID 696699BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 08, 2019
Within Enterprise Controllership, the Participations Audit Department is responsible for providing support and analysis to third-party auditors as a result of The Walt Disney Company’s contractual reporting obligations to our talent for all business units across the Enterprise.
Responsibilities:This position will be responsible for Managing Profit Participation audit engagements as a result of The Walt Disney Company’s contractual reporting obligation to our talent. The position Manages the planning of audits, monitors fieldwork progress and communicates the results to senior management.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the responsibilities necessary in providing audit evidence to support the Company’s third-party reporting to our talent in an efficient and effective manner
- Investigate, research and resolve potential issues impacting the contractual reporting obligation during the fieldwork of an audit engagement
- Partner with various business units across the organization to expedite and support audit requests
- Communicate directly with third-party auditors; review audit support to resolve potential issues
- Manage inquiries from both internal and external customers
- Lead by identifying opportunities to streamline processes and suggest improvements
- 5+ years of related Profit Participations/auditing experience
- Strong understanding of accounting processes, procedures and internal controls
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Must be detail-oriented, able to work independently, and take ownership of their projects and workflow
- Hands-on audit experience with a reputable public company is highly desired
- Manage team environment and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written (must be able to tailor his/her communication style as the candidate will interface with team members of all levels)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Entertainment industry experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.