Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager - Partnership PlanningApply Now Apply Later Job ID 460777BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 04/16/2018
Job Summary:“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering,
production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
WDI’s Partnership Planning team is dedicated to delivering incremental value to our business and its partners through the creative development and execution of promotional and sponsorship programs at our Parks and Resorts around the world.
In this role, the Manager will work across WDI project teams, WDPR Sites teams and Corporate Alliances to deliver authentic, long- and short-term partnerships that support both the creative and business goals of WDPR. This role will be expected to holistically develop and manage complex, long- and short-term relationships with world-class brands and companies. Work will be focused on both partner needs for WDI priority projects and collaboration with Corporate Alliances on enterprise-wide relationships.
This role reports to the Content & Partnership Planning Executive and will be expected to interface with multiple stakeholders across Park Sites, WDI and the Corporate Alliances team. This position requires an individual who can effectively navigate and influence key senior decision makers and articulate, negotiate and manage short- and long-term recommendations and solutions to drive value to WDPR and its partners.
- Drive partner strategy with WDI Portfolio, Regional, and Project teams; includes identifying partnership opportunities, developing guidelines/guardrails for participation and creating pitches
- Represent WDI and WDPR with Corporate Alliance teams (Business Development, Account Management & Operating Participant)
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of site-specific WDPR strategies, marketing initiatives, current issues, and scope of current/future operations
- Coordinate across WDI to deliver on Corporate Alliance partner strategic objectives, including new business development, ongoing account management, upsells and renewals
- Closely track all partnership efforts and clearly communicate status across Participant Planning team to ensure timely management of partner deals and WDPR global opportunities.
- Eloquently engage and communicate at the highest levels of TWDC to both internal and external partners
- Maintain strong cross-segment relationships (WDI R&D, WDP&R Marketing, Yellow Shoes, Parks Digital, etc.)
- Develop and maintain all necessary presentation materials for all partner meetings.
- Monitor ongoing trends in key partner industries to keep ahead of partner expectations and competition for partner marketing resources
- Identify and attend key industry conferences, training sessions and/or seminars
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience; agency or client services experience a plus
- Proven experience in promotions/sponsorship development and execution
- Proven ability to identify key business issues and clearly articulate opportunities for both the partner and WDI/WDPR
- Experience working with creative teams to ensure the creative execution delivers on identified business objectives
- Ability to lead and influence multiple teams and projects simultaneously with no direct authority
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast‐paced, matrixed environment
- Exceptional appreciation and understanding of the Disney brand
- Able to present to all levels of management in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability to synthesize complex data into actionable intelligence for design teams and senior leaders
- Positive attitude and ability to contribute to an energetic team environment
- Highly collaborative and team oriented work style
- Very strong communication skills (written, verbal and ability to direct graphic needs)
- Presentation development using Keynote
- Some travel required
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA preferred
Additional Information:©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.