Manager, Product ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 729013BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Store Date posted Dec. 04, 2019
- Defines, manages, and oversees the implementation of digital product strategies for shopDisney.
- Crafts the overall digital vision for shopDisney digital products based on consumer data and insights, current and future technologies, business drivers, and business value.
- Leads the creation and evolution of product strategies and roadmaps based on that vision and in partnership with other disciplines and leaders.
- Ensures the incorporation of that roadmap and projects into the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Leverages a deep understanding of product management for digital products to manage the development pipeline and priorities across teams/disciplines.
- Leads a team of Product Managers and Analysts in the definition and execution of that vision, roadmap, and projects.
- Ensures that teams have a deep understanding of product objectives and priorities and helps those teams translate product concepts into user stories, epics, and other appropriate product deliverables.
- Helps teams and leaders understand and make choices about product and project scope, priorities, MVP, delivery dates, etc.
- Manages and executes on multiple projects in parallel, balancing the needs and timelines of each simultaneously.
- Attends regular project scrums, stand-ups, and status updates to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks.
- Provides frequent communication to leaders on project status, progress, issues, and choices that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision.
- Recruits, hires, manages, and develops the careers of team of Product Managers and Analysts.
- Ensures alignment and synchronization between digital and broader Consumer Products roadmaps, teams, and leaders.
- Manages partner (internal and external) relationships through communication, collaboration, and partnership.
- Negotiates valuation and funding estimates with partners and large contracts with vendors as necessary, while pushing to ensure that teams are value-engineering cost-effective solutions.
- Ultimately owns the digital product and is responsible for the delivery of that product and associated projects on time, on budget, on strategy, and with a superior level of quality and performance.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in the digital product management, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the development of web, native app, and hybrid app products, with a proven history of successfully delivering consumer-centric digital solutions to market.
- Thorough understanding of digital business, financial returns, value drivers, and fiscal management of large-scale, complex product lines/verticals and/or projects.
- Extensive experience managing technical, user, and business issues in a fast-moving digital organization.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and practices.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and project leadership skills, including an ability to communicate effectively at an executive level.
- Ability to provide overall leadership across multiple disciplines and teams, while working collaboratively to deliver quality on time and on budget.
- Ability to distill research and data to identify business opportunities and develop corresponding business cases.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and drive resolution of complex, mission-critical product and project issues.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, build strong and sustainable relationships, and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative.
- Flexibility and proficiency in managing ambiguity and leading teams through changes strategic direction and/or priorities.
- Experience in retail highly desired.
- Education and/or experience in a technical discipline (computer science, software engineering, decision science, AI/ML) a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required with an MBA strongly preferred.
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Shopping, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
Disney Shopping, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.