Manager, Product Management
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 870366BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ HotStar, as well as domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and The Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
- Responsible for executing a strategic product roadmap, defining business and technical requirements consumable for engineering and driving execution to establish the Rights Management platform’s future
- The right person for this role can identify business value, solve complex problems, concisely articulate solutions to technical and business partners and ultimately drive results.
- Contribute to defining product strategy, creating and maintaining a detailed product backlog, driving business value through innovation, business process automation and brings a passion for building the future of Rights Management technology
- Execute the product vison, strategy, and roadmap for the Rights Management platform, within the Disney Content Platforms organization.
- Manage professional employees and/or supervisors. Is accountable for the performance and results of the team, adapting departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan.
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or business partners.
- Guides and influences the product strategy/roadmap and communicates to business partners and senior leadership around initiatives
- Elicit, analyze, document, and organize platform requirements into a clear, concise, and actionable product backlog that delivers prioritized incremental business value throughout its lifecycle.
- Partner and coordinate with peer Product Managers, Architecture, Engineering, QA, and Program Management to deliver strategic technical solutions.
- Provide product oversight to ensure consistent product experience of user controls, data definitions, business logic, and product aesthetics.
- Evaluate and recommend product innovations and enhancements that drive business value
- Responsible for coordinating User Acceptance Testing, and defining and executing product release strategies with end users, technology leads, and fellow product managers.
- 7+ years of experience in Product Management, preferably in Rights Management technology, of which 1 or more years of management experience
- 5+ years of experience in the Entertainment Media Industry (Television / Theatrical Media)
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences from end-users to the Senior Management
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to clearly communicate goals, status and issues upwards and across the organization
- Excellent resource and timeline management, risk assessment, contingency planning, and ability to work with external contractors and consultants
- Responsive to business needs and wants to creatively solve problems with a user-first mentality
- Flexibility and proficiency in change management, including leading teams through strategic changes and re-prioritization
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and practices
- Proven understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
- Strong partnering skills and ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- A sense of ownership, responsibility, and inclusiveness for the delivery of new features
- Product Owner certification
- Agile/Scrum Master certification
- Previous experience working with Rightsline
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA or technical degree preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.