Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Product StrategyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 552673BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted Jun. 06, 2018
Job Summary:The Manager, Product Strategy, will support division leadership in developing quarterly global Disney Store product strategies for assigned departments and drive omni-channel (B&M and Ecomm) assortment choices to support these strategies. This role is an integral member of the Global Product Strategy and Development organization for The Disney Store, is based in Glendale, CA, and reports to the Senior Manager, Product Strategy.
- Support division leadership in developing global TDS product strategy for assigned departments. Strategy to include region specific needs, meet Disney brand and quality requirements and meet financial needs of the business.
- Work with Senior Manager on overall management of Global Product Strategy
- Create and execute merchandise for Omni-channel and deliver product on-time that meets brand, aesthetic standards, and gross margin targets
- Recognize trends in the market and understand relevance for Global Omni-channel purposes
- Present new product strategies on a quarterly basis encompassing all channels of distribution (B&M, Outlet, Online)
- Develop and maintain relationships with TDS Regional partners and other segments across TWDC
- Collaborate with TWDC partners, external vendors and licensees to execute compelling merchandise strategies and assortments
- Accountable to achieve financial objectives for assigned categories/departments
- Cultivate a great relationship within the Global team (Franchise Strategy, Buying/Planning, Product Development & Sourcing), communicating Product Strategy direction and updates regularly to respective Global Product Strategy team and cross functional partners.
- Execute to key milestones, meeting requirements to support delivery of merchandise to Regional channels
- Responsible for leading and developing the Assistant and/or Associate of the department
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in retail merchandising and/or buying in mid to large size company
- High level of interest and experience with Disney Brand
- Experience working collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to flex from strategic to task oriented skills
- Good computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Work, Adobe Illustrator a plus)
- Strong organizational skills
- People oriented team player
- Experience managing others (preferred but not required)
- College degree in related business
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.