Manager, Programming Implementation (HS/S+)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 983655BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jun. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Streaming encompasses the teams leading the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Star+ streaming services within Disney’s Media & Entertainment Distribution group. We sit at the intersection between entertainment, sports, and technology and seek to connect viewers with the stories they love, while driving the streaming industry forward with consumer-first innovation.
This position will be responsible for managing the global build and publishing of Hotstar and Star+ content programming, as well as operationalizing merchandising strategies and workflow across regions to drive audience engagement and discovery with local relevance. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Content Programming.
- Manage and support Hotstar and Star+ global content programming, promotion, retention, and engagement
- Operationalize global editorial merchandising and promotion strategies
- Drive process improvement and create scalable solutions to improve operational efficiency
- Create high-impact, curated programming events that leverage TWDC brands and franchises
- Collaborate on regional and territorial editorial merchandising and promotion
- Partner with operational teams to ensure content and asset availability supports merchandising strategies
- Partner with programming optimization on testing needs, and testing implementation as needed
- Partner with programming data & insights to take action on findings
- Partner with product on testing new features in CMS to improve guest experience
- Leverage market and behavior data, audience research to drive data and analytics that determine effective programming strategies
- Identify audience programming gaps and audience segment opportunities
- Build, check, and publish programming within the CMS
- Manage and support the career development of direct reports
- Sustain existing projects or leading projects as assigned.
- Deep understanding of TWDC content library, brands, franchises, and characters.
- 4+ years of experience in digital media, programming strategy or operations.
- 3+ years of leadership experience managing direct reports
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms, including hands-on management of web, app, streaming, and connected devices.
- Strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial mindset
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail
- Must be open to thinking outside of traditional models
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior management, staff, and external research professionals.
- Advanced data literacy.
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement.
- Can manage multiple projects in varying stages of development
- Highly organized with excellent follow through
- Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization while also able to self-motivate.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Streaming experience a plus.
- International experience a plus.
- Multilingual fluency a plus.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.